Using the latest in-belt technology gives the following benefits:
- Increased durability at high temperatures which can be found in the engine bay of tuned vehicles.
- Increased performance in cold weather and condition.
- Lightweight and good friction tolerance properties which means that excess tension is not required while anti-sound properties reduces belt squeal.
* Back face is blue colored with HKS logo.
- Blue is used in HKS intake hose which is for coordination in the whole engine bay.
- Colored nylon fabric used for good anti-color fading properties.
- HKS logo, product name, and belt length are printed on each belt.
EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) Rubber was selected because of:
- Better durability and performance in hotter or colder conditions with improved friction tolerance.
- Much lighter than previous version of belt.
- Short fiber mixture in rib rubber improves the performance over previous version.
Performance Comparison with Stock Belt
|Hight Temperature Durability
||Low Temperature Durability
|4 times greater
||10 times greater
Button bolts were installed to 24996-AK012 (5PK875) and 24996-AK013 (5PK885) during the test.
When using these 2 belts above, a stock V belt may come in contact with a stock alternator adjustment bolt due to an insufficient clearance between them.
Using the provided button bolts can prevent abrasion of the V belt.