- Does it work with my car which has the immobilizer installed.
Yes, it works for a vehicle with immobilizer. The immobilizer is usually used as a key only for engine start, so it doesn't interfere with turbo timer function.
- Is there anything else other than timer harness for installation?
Some Nissan Automatic cars need key lock release adapter which prevents from key gets stuck when turbo timer is in use. Please check the "Turbo Timer Compatible Automobiles".
- The Turbo Timer is on but vehicle does not do after-idling. What is causing this?
Please check if the gray colored timer wire (parking brake wire) is properly wired.
- I am trying to install Turbo Timer, could you tell me correct wire colors?
Basically, you need a timer harness for your vehicle, and these color of wires are;
- Blue: Vehicle speed signal wire (for type 1)
- Brown: RPM signal wire
- Black: Ground wire
- Gray: Parking brake signal wire
- Can I use my remote control key with Turbo Timer for my car?
It depends on the vehicles. Please check the "Turbo Timer Compatible Automobiles" for more information.
- Automatic function is not working properly; I can improve only 5, 6 seconds.
Automatic mode works by detecting the engine RPM and depending on the engine operating conditions. It will automatically perform setting in every 0 to 5 minutes. In this situation, often the rotation signals from coupler of the key cylinder is not detected. Please connect the stock CPU RPM signal wire and the brown timer wire and see if it works.
- After installing Type-1, the vehicle speed and engine RPM shown on the displays are not correct.
If the stock tachometer and Turbo Timer's display are too different, "learning" is required.
Please click here for more information
- I don't know which version my Turbo Timer is. Is there any way to find it out?
Check the 3rd digit of the serial number.
- **0***** = Turbo Timer Type-0
- **1***** = Turbo Timer Type-1
- **2***** = Turbo Timer Push Start Type-0
- Does the optional stock security system work after installing Turbo Timer?
It depends on the vehicle. Please click here for more information
- What is the auto door lock system?
It's the system to lock all the doors when it reaches a certain speed (usually 20km/h) and unlock the doors when the automobile stops, hazard switch is on, when engine is stopped, and when the select lever is put into "P". For automobiles with this system, Turbo Timer may not function properly.
Please check the "Turbo Timer Compatible Automobiles" for more information.
- What is the "Key free system" or "Smart entry key system"?
This is a system to open the door when the driver comes close to the vehicle and lock the door when the driver go away from to the vehicle. Also, this system opens/closes the door by pushing a button on the door. With this system, the engine starts without inserting a key to the key cylinder.
- Does Turbo Timer work with the vehicles equipped with push start ignition?
『TURBO TIMER PUSH START type0』 has been released for vehicles equipped with push-start ignition. The timer functions by connecting to the CPU controlling the body that differs to the key cylinder type.