VACVELOCITY ADVANCED COMPUTER
- Does the shift feeling change after installing VAC? Is it readily noticed?
VAC starts functioning at 180km/h or over; VAC's unique AT control is performed. Under VAC control, shifting gears becomes smooth with high response without power reduction which can be experienced during high speed cruising.
- Is installation difficult? How I connect the wires？
Installation is not really difficult since wiring is simply done by connecting wires using couplers. However, it involves removal of a negative cable of a battery which requires the initial settings for the power window, back guide monitor, etc.（See the manual for more details.） Also, modification of the ECU box is required (except for VAC type S). It is recommended to ask a professional for installation
- Where the main unit should be mounted?
Install VAC type S to inside the ECU box where is located in an engine compartment. Other types must be secured to a foot space part on the passenger's seat side by installing the harness and pull it from the ECU box where is located in an engine compartment
- What are possible factors of the malfunction such as the CEL, engine stall, etc
Make sure if the harness couplers are tightly inserted. Improper installation may cause malfunctions
- CEL of Lancer Evolution X
HKS is developing many products for Lancer Evolution X. While progressing with that development, we have found that sometimes the CEL comes on with or without HKS products. Please see the link below for the troubleshooting about the CEL.
* The troubleshooting section has listed only the symptoms actually confirmed with the vehicle HKS used for development and tests
* It does not guarantee to improve the symptom for all vehicle.