Utilizing the filter original designed for HKS Oil Filter and increasing its filter surface area by 15%, compared with a conventional product, greatly improved particle collection performance.
Compared to conventional product, HKS filtration flow is equivalent in terms of pressure loss, while filtration performance is improved up to 8.3%.
It is recommended to replace a filter every 10,000 km or 6 months under the normal driving environment. For sports and/or race use, it is recommend to replace a filterevery 3,000 km - 5,000km.
φ65 x H50 is newly released. This new size filter is available for the latest Kei cars and vehicle equipped with an oil cooler that needs a low height filter. (A sandwich type attachment is required to install HKS Oil Filter.)
HKS Oil Filter's minimum particle size is 20μ compared with 25μ of JIS standard which corresponds to the filteration performance requirement of most engines.
It is recommended to replace a filter every 10,000 km or 6 months under the normal driving environment.
For sports and/or race use, it is recommend to replace a filter every 3,000 km - 5,000km since the engine RPM is increased to several times of that of a normal driving.
Please confirm that the filter unit size of φ68×H65 / φ74-H85 / φ65-H50 and screw size.
Installation to a vehicle which does not meet the above conditions may result in engine damage due to leakage of oil.
Diameter of Oil Filter Screw
|Crest angle||Using Maker|
|UNF3/4-16||1.5875||19.011||17.063||18.019||60°||Toyota, NIssan, Suzuki, Daihatsu|
|M20 P=1.5||1.500||20.000||18.376||19.026||60°||Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi, Mazda|
- Make sure to select a proper oil filter screw size. Since both screw sizes are very close, M20 filter fits on UNF center bolt. If improper screw size is selected, it may cause the leakage of oil.
- What is UNF screw?
It is a triangular thread form by inch in the ISO standard. The thread angle is 60 degrees. It is classified by the suffix "UN".
The type of screw is described by a pitch as "Coarse" (UNC), "Fine" (UNF), "Extra fine" (UNEF). There is also one for aerospace equipment (UNJ). In Japan, use of this screw type is limited only for aircraft and automobiles, but it is widely used in the United States.
JIS employs only coarse (UNC) and fine(UNF) pitches.
This screw was initially designed for the millitary needs by the United States, the UK, and Canada.
【OIL FILTER PURPLE EDITION】
Trust us With Your Engine!! Greatest Oil Filter from HKS.
- The paper filter specially designed by HKS increased the filter paper surface area approximately 15% larger than the stock. As a result, the dust collecting performance is much improved.
- This filter catches until 20μ particles and it meets the required conditions for most of the engines.
- We recommend replacing the oil filter every 10,000km or 6 months in normal use and every 3,000km to 5,000km in sports or racing use.
- The outer color changed to the purple from the black which is used in the existing HKS products. The vivid purple color gives the impression of the passion for the custom.